Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Little voices


I was rushing around the other morning, getting ready to head out the door. I usually cut my time pretty close, and I'm so rigid about the way the morning goes. Sheesh. The phone rings. That's unusual. But this little voice says, after a quiet space,"Hi gramma". Wow! I sat down and had the greatest conversation with my almost 3 year old Isaiah. It seems he was all cuddled up with his mom waiting for dad to get home from work (he works nights) and he just wanted to talk to someone on the phone. So I got the call! After we 'chatted' about the dark, and Phin, and what he was planning for his day he finished by saying "I love you". Now that's a day starter if I've ever had one! I don't think I appreciated them so much when my kids were that age, but I surely love them now. Thanks Kristin!

1 comment:

Lady L said...

The sweet voice of little grandchildren is like beautiful music! Makes you want to record it and play it every morning.