Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fall Plantings


Tonight was the night. I planted my tulip bulbs. In the dark. The rows won't be straight. They might not even be deep enough. (then there'll be no tulips next spring)That's because it's hard to see in the dark soil in the dark night. I didn't mean to let it get so late, but once i got started there was no turning back. And how can I even think of being in Orange City without tulips? Well, I suppose I could have waited until tomorrow, but this way we'll see what kind of random-ness we'll have in the garden in the spring. I will at least be conforming. (That's what my kids were worried about when we moved here in the first place. Somehow we might, ARGH, become to dutchified!)

3 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

You will be totaly Ditch when you put on a Dutch costume,and say too yet!!!!!

Mr.Brian said...

Make that Dutch not Ditch

Lady L said...

I must say that being somewhat Dutchified isn't all that bad. Although after 20+ years of living here I still try not to say 'too yet'
At least your tulip bulbs are in. Mine are still waiting to be swallowed up by the black dirt.