Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ordinary days

Without kids pictures to post, or clever sayings from them I feel like my days have slipped into sameness. Buster is my kid and I seem to be the only one who thinks he's cute, so I try not to make too many comments in that direction. I hate to live vicariously-i.e. talking about what my kids are doing as if that's really my life, when it's not. But that leaves a day like today. Ordinary. But then, I think that is what life really is. It's not those spectacular, fireworks and orchestra music kinds of days that make up most of life anyway. It's those ordinary ones, that start with a walk and a prayer in the darkness and starlight. That celebrate the answers to prayer that come 'today' in amazing ways. That slog through the routines of work and co-workers and customers. That mean cooking and cleaning and sitting and talking, the sleeping and the dreaming. So my day was like that. My tomorrow probably will be too. But I'll be back.

2 comments:

Lady L said...

'Today' prayers answered make an ordinary day extraordinary! I believe we need to look for the answered prayers everyday because they are there. I think we don't see them because we just don't look for them! So, maybe we should encourage one another to be looking more!

Sue said...

Yes! You are right!