Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hands
















Working, playing, praying, helping, holding...Our hands seem to express something of our inner selves. Open hands that give and reflect the selflessness of our lives. Hands that grasp and hold tight, the greediness of our hearts. With my hands I sense the world around me. I use them to make sense of what's in front of me. The sense of touch is so important in our everyday lives we often don't even think about it. Maybe because my hand still hurts from surgery, i'm thinking more about hands and how much I use even my unhandy left hand. These photos i've posted are cropped from bigger pictures. Isn't it amazing how our whole focus changes when we just look at the small portion of the picture? Each one of these hands has a story to tell all by itself! Wow.

1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

I often thought of all the kinds of work the hands of residence in the nursing home did. Seeing how crippled so many were now.Thinking of meals they prepared, crafts,knitting,ect. they did.All the farm chores.Cows milked ....the lists could go on and on.
But mostly how they touched so many lifes and gave so many hugs.
Yes all our hands tell many stories.