Thursday, November 1, 2007

Super Novas, Comets and Stars


"The heavens declare the glory of God and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out spech and night to night reveals knowledge... in them he has set a tent for the sun" Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades or loose the cords of Orion?..Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? can you establish their rule on the earth?"


Scripture is filled with references to stargazing! It is one thing that I really enjoy!I could stand with my head tilted back looking at the stars for quite awhile. Nothing really compares to a summer night in the north woods and the incredible, massive overhead display of stars. I'm sure I've talked about this before, that early morning walk when stars are shining so gloriously they can hardly be ignored. Venus is still out every morning and Orion, Sirius have been so easy to view, too. The moon was full mid month and still is hanging out in the mornings. It's like God watching us through the holes in heaven! And, if you go out tonight, you can see a comet: Comet Holmes. Look in the NE sky near the Pleiades . It will be a bit bigger than Jupiter is in the morning sky (nothing too extraordinary except for the fact that it's a comet!!)

1 comment:

Lady L said...

I think I saw the comet this evening. I had heard about it on the news/weather but hadn't looked until you mentioned it in your blog. Your blog star picture looks similar to one I've seen on another blog! Could that be?