Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hair Cut

I went in for my monthly hair cut during a free moment yesterday. I always feel better, light headed as it were, after. Don't know if I look any better but that's beside the point! I have had the same hair cut for probably 20 years or so. It's getting a bit late for changes now! (I tried a change once and the results were a bit disastrous, not to mention hideous for more than a month. Not going there again) As I'm sitting in the chair it struck me how easy this was. Come. Sit. Let someone else do the work. Go away happy (hopefully) I wish it worked that way with losing weight. Go. Sit. Cut off a pound on my thighs. The back end. The hips. Go away and wear that size 12 pants again. Man. That would be wonderful. Then I could go out and eat what I wanted and once a month I could just get it chopped off and start from where I was at the beginning. Or spiritually. That would even be better. Go. Sit. Get self cut away from the heart. Sin would fall away and Voila! New self shine through. A once a month shine would work nicely. (maybe make that daily) Whoa, I sense a whole long blog coming here as I think about how sin and forgiveness works. How the Holy spirit works in a heart, and how important to be sensitive to His voice in the heart...."By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you"(2Tim 1:14).

1 comment:

Lady L said...

Wow- that would be great if we could go in for an easy 1/2 hour weight reduction with no pain or no scars...And cleaning up the heart too!