Tuesday, December 18, 2007

25 Skills Every Man Should Know!


Being in the library on a regular basis means I get to read some interesting stuff once in awhile. Today I found this in Popular Mechanics, of all places. I was delighted by this list. I'm not sure if the "man" in this title refers to the gender, or if it's a generic term. If that's the case I'm in big trouble because I think I can do maybe three of these things. Ron on the other hand is a genius because I think he can do about 23 out of 25. Wow. Anyway. Here's the list. See how you stack up!

1. Patch a radiator hose

2. Protect a computer (not with a gun either. from a virus)

3. Rescue a capsized boater. (ok. This one is just weird)

4. Frame up a wall.

5. Retouch digital photos (easy peesy, japaneesy)

6. Back up a trailer (not in a million years)

7. Build a campfire. (I can do this one! useful, huh)

8. Fix a dead outlet.

9. navigate with compass and map. (I tried this once and the results deserve a whole story)

10. Use a torque wrench

11. Sharpen a knife

12. Fillet a fish

13. manuver a car out of a skid

14. perform CPR

15. Get a car unstuck

16. Back up data

17. Paint a room

18. Mix concrete

19. Clean a bolt action rifle

20. Change the oil and filter in your car

21. Hook up HDTV

22. Bleed brakes (I think this one is dumb too. better change a flat tire than this)

23. Paddle a canoe (another one of my very useful skills. This one belongs on my resume)

24. Fix a bicycle flat ( for your kids of course)

25. Extend your wireless network.


There. We can all see the most important things in life from this list for sure! Your vehicle, your computer and some very weird odds and ends. Go figure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, so nate scored a 16. i scored like a three. good thing he's the man of our house and not me.....

Sue said...

Hey, he's not too bad. If he's anything at all like his dad, by the time he's 60 he'll score a 23 or so!