Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Life without coffee????


I've given up foods for lent in the past (even stuff I really like, i.e. chocolate, pop, french fries) I've dieted and been on a I-will-not-eat-that because I'm trying to lose weight sort of thing, but I've never had to give up something for my health. UGH. Worse. It's caffeine. Someone told me there was still decaffinated coffee out there, not to worry. I really think i could go without caffinated pop, but I really really think I'm going to have trouble giving up that pick me upper that I have first thing in the morning. I decided not to tell Ron because I would probably hear no end of it from him, just in case I decide to ignore the suggestion. For now, of course, I have to finish the caffinated coffee I have in my cupboard (only 1 more day left) and then I have to decide. It's supposed to help eliminate the problem I'm having with cysts in my breasts (and these pesky ultra sounds, doctor visits I keep having. They're expensive, insurance or not!) But I have to tell you, there's more reasons to drink coffee than just the flavor! I love the energy it gives me. I really love the energy it gives me. So, I have to make up my mind. I'm thinking I could switch over gradually and maybe I won't notice. What do you think?

5 comments:

Lady L said...

I'm thinking the 1/2 caf is the way to go. Gradually wean yourself off. Going cold turkey might give you a whoopin' big headache. You can do it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

when ihad to give up caffiene i did do it cold turkey and then suffered the headaches for a day or two, but it got better. think of another way to treat yourself when you get through each day without coffee....worked for me.
kristin

Anonymous said...

What would you say if the doctor had told Ron to give up caffeine??

Huskerflyboy

Beckyb said...

Yep - I was told the same thing!! No caffeine - having a ton of pain and so they said to give it up!! BUT hey - there's always decaf!!! It's you and me girl - we can do it!!!