Thursday, December 6, 2007

Stories my father told me


Absolutely none. Is it a "guy" thing that they don't remember their childhoods, or any past about them? But I don't recall ever hearing any stories that my father told about his growing up years. None whatsoever. I don't know what kind of teen ager he was. If he was the light of his mother's eye or a pain in her neck. I regret not really knowing my father. Perhaps I just didn't listen, and my brothers or sister heard the stories that i missed. But here's what I do know:

He missed his high school graduation because he entered the navy at the end of WW2

He had a gang of highschool friends that were lifelong . This group had class reunions every single year! Even I knew his H.S. buddies.

He loved practical jokes, bowling, fishing, dancing, cards, his wife and his kids. (not necessarily in that order.)

He would have been 80 this past summer. He was gone too soon. We missed a lot.

No comments: