Saturday, February 16, 2008

A View from Haiti

I wish I could take a picture of the Sound here. The first thing that wakes me up in what seems like the middle of the night is the singing voices. And they are amazing. I can't understand what they're saying, but I can sense the joy in their voices. Then the sounds of the roosters, cows, goats, birds comes into focus. It is constant.
It has been warm. We have already done a lot, and met a ton of people whose names I struggle with. We sat with a class of girls just to speak English with them. We have been to the feeding center every day where they feed about 100 children 3 days a week. We have been out to the soccer field to play, and we have painted, swept, taught, fixed, sorted and gone. There is tons more to do, and in the short time that I have to write this I will never get it all in.

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

Praying for you - what a trip!!! You will be used greatly, I am sure!