Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bathroom Changing



Remodelling again. Well, ok, so we're just going to paint. We had big plans to remodel the bathroom. That was last year. The thoughts about what we could do got pretty big and so we waited until a. we had time. b. we had money. c. we were sure about what we were going to do. Of course, in the mean time our idea about what should be done changed. I wanted block glass windows and a claw footed tub. Ron wanted a corner shower. But in the end we decided to take out the huge walnut narrow cupboard (with lots of junk in it and .... paint. Hopefully we will be done and put back together by Easter. Ron says that the shower, tub remodel etc. is just on hold. Wait just a bit more. Hmmm. Everything always takes longer than i think it should. There's always one more little detail that we need to do in order to make it 'perfect'. I know, I'm too impatient. Good work takes time.
Well, I have the before pictures. I wonder how old this wallpaper is. 1970's? Maybe early 80's. Either way, I don't think I want to endure it too much longer. It's dirty. Not to mention hideous. (though in this house there was more hideous stuff than this!)
Ihave all day Saturday to paint. Hurrah. But even with just paint it's amazing how much pre work one has to do for such a small room: take down, clean out, put away.

No comments: