Monday, March 10, 2008

Easter Feast

Haitian Eggs

We are having Easter dinner here in a couple weeks. So I am planning what to serve the family! Can you help me out? Ham is traditional. But I'm thinking Pork Loin would be even better. How does this recipe look to you all:



APPLE BRAISED PORK:
2 large onions, peeled and sliced 2 apples, cored and sliced 1 boneless pork loin roast, approximately 4 pounds 2-4 cups apple cider or apple juice 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 325° F.
In a roasting pan, place the onion and apple slices.
Place the pork roast on top of the apple/onion mixture. Pour 1 ½ cups apple juice or cider around the pork roast. Sprinkle with thyme and salt.
Cover with foil, and roast 20-30 minutes per pound, adding apple juice or cider as needed, until tender and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 160° F., or until the Pop Up ® Timer deploys.
This is good served with apple sauce.
Serves 6



I'll serve it with twice baked potatoes and let everyone else bring the veggies and salads! Dessert at our house is always what everyone waits for anyway. Seems I can't ever get away from making my mother in law's sour cream raisin pie. While the men love that for some reason, this year, I'm going to fool them all and make cake!



I never thought I'd be one for Easter Egg hunts, but I've changed my mind since the grandkid have arrived on the scene. We will have a hunt and hope that all the snow is gone. (Tell me I'm not dreaming) We'll use plastic eggs since Isaiah is allergic to eggs, but I'm sure he won't care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Easter dinner sounds just great. Wish I could come! I was
thinking about a pork loin, but
Marion will be in Illinois, so
guess I'll wait till she get back.
It's fun to try different things.
Arizona mom

Lady L said...

No sour cream raisin pie! I was hoping you would make it and save me a little sliver. I haven't thought about what we will even do on Easter let alone the food. Good for you!