Thursday, March 13, 2008

Snow with a high probability of bacteria



I heard the other day that snow has lots of bacteria in it. Hmph. Go figure on that one. Hey, I remember from my own childhood being reminded Not eat the yellow colored snow. Well, really, I wasn't that dumb. But it seems that bacteria actually play a part in forming snow and there is 'good' bacteria and 'bad' bacteria. some are very helpful to plants, and some not. Nothing about whether you should eat it or not! Well, after pictures of the wonderful melting snow in my backyard, alley and street I think I'll just stick with grumbling about it when it needs to be shovelled and keep it firmly away from my mouth! (The dog likes the snow in the winter time for his outdoor duties. When it all goes away he has trouble knowing what he should do!)
And in other snowy news tulips are up and through the snow in many places. The library has them up in a very shady snow covered corner. Just goes to show that EVERYONE/THING is desperate for spring! The forecast is for more snow next week, but I think I'll stick to this enjoying one day at a time.

2 comments:

Amy A. said...

How did the paint job go?

Just say no to bacteria!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.