Friday, March 28, 2008

Life in the fast lane

I have been finding Minneapolis a very agreeable city. That is, no snow to contend with anyway! I have been driving (I did start to say navigating and that is definitely NOT true). I think I am entertaining my passengers, but I'm not sure about that. You'll have to check Becky's Blog to find out. I hear she's going to write a blog about it. We have had several adventures in our 3 days here, so far. We have the navigational system, Magellan, on board. At times that has been very good as she can give very good directions. However, if the sun isn't shining, or tall buildings are in the way, it can be a bit problematic. (HA) At least she doesn't scream when I make wrong turns, she merely, re-calculates the route and tells me to make a legal u-turn in the next .1 miles. Funny. Then yesterday I managed to go up the parking ramp the wrong way. Becky was gritting her teeth and gripping the door handle with all her might. She didn't screech at me either, but she was worried! It was one of those circular drives and I was going the wrong way. What If we met a car? Well, fortunately, it was early morning and everyone was going in not out, so 'no worries, mate!'. This morning before we left our hotel, we heard a lot of activity going on via sirens. Turns out there had been a high speed chase ending right at our hotel and creating a huge backlog of cars. So we had to go into downtown a different way. Interesting. I managed to run my first red light with no ticket ensuing. It's like Jon always says, "Any landing a pilot can walk away from is a good one". This was a close second. I'm sure I'll make it home Saturday though.
More later, with lots of fun pictures.

1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

You and Becky loose in the city can not be a good thing!
Hope the city recovers from you two destroying the town.