Sunday, March 30, 2008

Home Again Home Again, Lickety Split! Conference Stuff:




Well, we made it home safe and sound and I have even recovered somewhat from my four and 1/2 day absence. The dog was alive. The new bathroom sink in! (sometimes it does pay to leave for a bit) It was a fun conference and I definitely learned lots. I have lots of fodder to think and write about on my other blogs now. (what? you didn't know I had OTHER blogs? Yes indeed. Some day I'll share their addresses with you) I have had a nap and I think I am caught up and will actually be ready for the work world tomorrow. Isn't it interesting the things we learn about each other when we live in close quarters for awhile?! I'm always assessing what close quarters with me must be like! Did I snore, talk in my sleep, get up too early, eat too much, whine too much or worse? You know it's really hard when you're trying to please everybody. How did I get into that habit? UGH.

Did I tell you that at this conference I got to hear John Wood who is a founder of roomtoread.org which is an organization trying to get books into the hands of 3rd world country children in their own languages as well as to especially educate girls. Cool story. (on my other blog) I also learnd about gaming in libraries, programming for senior adults, cool new technology for the library, google tools, readers advisory tools AND we got to see the cool new Minneapolis Public Library! way cool. This makes me excited.

2 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

The real question is did Becky snore,talk in her sleep or do anything crazy?
Glad you had a good time and are home safe.

theKband said...

so glad you're home!