Monday, July 28, 2008

Odds and Ends on a Busy Monday

I have been waiting impatiently to be able to download audio books from our library's consortium site. If you have an Ipod, you're out of luck. I hate that. A very knowlegeable someone told me that Apple doesn't like to 'play nice' with the rest of the world. They like to complicate things, mostly so you, the customer end up paying more money for their products. Or, in this case, get a compatible MP3. I know I know, waiting is good for me. Waiting builds character. Waiting helps me with endurance when I run across something that's way worse than this. I'm such an impatient waiter....

and in other news, The city of OC blocked off the whole street on the south side of the burned out Hallmark store. No crane has been in sight and I think I fell victim to the ole rumor mill. But the TV news told us that the building has been condemned. There will be no use of the shell of that building anyway. It's going to be torn down. And in the meantime you can't even walk on the other side of the street by it. I have had to change my dog walking route just because of it. Hmph.

No comments: