Friday, August 1, 2008

Story Telling

I love telling stories. I am always on the lookout for a story. The best one for today came early. So today's story involves our guests. We have two right now. First Ivan is staying with us through the summer , though I hope he's more like family than guest. Then we have been hosting Charlie the beagle. His owners just had their baby. A whole month early. We said, "sure, no problem" when they asked if Charlie could stay until they got their new baby home and perhaps settled in a bit. That was Tuesday. He's still here making himself quite comfortable. He and Buster are getting along very well, except at meal time. Charlie likes doing what Buster does and vice versa. But when I take them for a walk I am the one getting the work out. Yikes! So this morning I decided I'd just take Buster. It's only a 10 minute walk anyway. When I got back there was Charlie on his lead outside. For one brief moment I was quite puzzled. I didn't think either Ron or I had put him outside. Then I noticed Ivan. Standing at the edge of the porch waiting for Charlie to do his 'thing'. It seems that as soon as I left the house with Buster he'd started to howl. Poor lonesome, left behind Charlie. He woke Ivan up. Ach. Well, he was a good sport about it anyway. He just went back to bed and I let Charlie back in the house.

No comments: