Thursday, January 8, 2009

subtle things

what signs do you notice:
of someone that isn't listening to you?
That you just made some sort of verbal blunder?
That you're being ignored
that you've worn out your welcome
that sickness is on its way
that you're being lied to

When does it hit you that maybe you missed something big but you can't quite put your finger on it. How long does it take to become sensitive to the nuances of co workers or friends.. Maybe that depends on how well one pays attention. And here's the other thing, my face, body language is an open book to anyone who's even vaguely looking. I would be a very poor poker player. Am I mad? Anyone with half an eye could pick that up. Am I worried? That's an easy one. Sad? My eyes are a dead give away. I might as well be shouting. No subtlty about me at all even if I won't speak it.

So, what do you go with? The non verbal cues, Thebody language, or some other more obvious sign..tones of voice, eye movements, subtle comments? Need to learn more about body languge? Well, just get to know me. I'm an easy read.

1 comment:

Lady L said...

Ok, now I wonder again what is behind this post! Maybe I'll find out tomorrow. I bet it there is something wrong, I'll be able to tell - I'll just read your body language!!!