Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Speaking Engagement

I had a fun experience today. Well, an experience anyway. I got my first speaking gig as the Library director in Le Mars. I tooted the Library's horn. Hopefully I even made sense. What do you think? Any chance grown ups like spoonerisms? I read "Loldiglocks and the Bree tears" to a roomful of adults. Good thing it only lasted a couple of minutes. I talked about the library as being a place of conversation...a conversation about politics and religion. History and memories.Romance and exploration. Then I told them we needed money!! Ha. Not really. We just went through what we'll be doing for Summer Reading, our Winter reading program with adults,Book club and our new automation system. A NEW AUTOMATION SYSTEM!! Woo HOO! (now that makes me nervous. What was I thinking?)
Oh. And I have another of these speaking gigs coming up in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I love spoonerisms! Of course, I often question whether I am really an adult, or have adult tastes.