Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Morning



It was a beautiful Sunday before Christmas service this morning. There was an amazing hoar frost that lasted well into the morning, and the worship at church was wonderful. We sang Chris Tomlin's "Glory in the Highest". It fits so well with the Luke 2 passage, "And suddenly, there were with the angel a multitude of heavenly hosts, glorifying God and saying "Glory to God in the Highest, and on earth, Peace. Goodwill among men." And a reminder from John 3:16 about the height, and width and depth and length of God's love for us. How high? "FOR GOD..." How deep? "SO LOVED THE WORLD" How wide? "THAT ALL WHO BELIEVE" How long? "Might have EVERLASTING life..." Which of course brings to mind another favorite song by Phillips Craig and Dean that especially seems to fit on a beautiful morning like this. I can hardly say the words without singing the melody in my head:
"You paint the morning sky
With miracles in mind
my hope will always stand
For you hold me in your hand.
Lord I'm amazed by you.... how you love me...
How wide, how deep, how great is your love for me..."

No comments: