Monday, February 12, 2007

A foreign Language?


It had to be when the dog was telling me that he really wanted to play ball with me, that I realized I had a foreign language down pretty well. It was this past Sunday when it struck me that I was fairly adept at interpreting his odd sounds! The yawn, moan was his "play with me". Two barks meant, "right now, please" Turning a circle then sitting right next to me, pawing me, jumping on me, and other general annoyances that couldn't be ignored meant "I've gotta go, and I've gotta go RIGHT NOW!" His "fee me, please" consists of following me closely in the morning and hounding me if I even dare to sit for a moment without having put food in his dish. And of course, I know exactly what his "Aren't we ready for bed, yet" look is... a hanging of the head, and a sad sorry look it is indeed. For the most part that's the sum total of what he has to say to us. Though I do know that he loves us unconditionally. He prefers company to being alone. It's trouble when he's bored. He loves to play, to walk, to chase squirrels or rabbits, and to eat people food. He is our fourth child as our 3 'other' children will tell us. And I wonder why we didn't have a Boston Terrier before this. His personality is sweet and generous and unconditionally kind. Even if you think he's an ugly dog, it isn't long before you've fallen for him too. Just ask the whole neighborhood full of Boston Terrier lover's!

2 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

That is true threr are 3 Boston Terrier dogs around me.One across the street and two behind my house.
And yes you can not help but falling in love with Buster. He is so friendly well behaved and in need of love. He will cuddle with you till you have to kick him off your lap.
Not to mention his snoringLOLOLOLOL.

Anonymous said...

As I recall Buster may have been the first Boston on the block. What a trend setter!