Thursday, March 1, 2007

We plan...


Well, praise the Lord for blizzards, drought, grasshoppers and whatever else He chooses to send our way!! If I enjoy the beauty of this community in the spring, then I should surely give thanks for this amazing weather now...a Blizzard! It has meant that we cancel our travel plans. Buster will be glad. It has meant we will struggle to figure out another meeting time and place, and I am sorely disappointed. But like I said yesterday: I've driven in blizzards before and I know exactly what kind of adventure that is. So. Nevermind. I have a stack of good books. I don't have to worry about work or driving tomorrow. So I will enjoy what God has sent.


"If it's all about you, then it's all up to you. Your Father rescues you from such a burden. While you are valuable, you aren't essential. You're important, but not indispensable." Good news indeed. I have to shout :His love is "too wonderful to be measured." Eph 3:19

3 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

I just looked out the back door when i put Charlie out. There is a heck of a pile of snow back there.
Is Buster a baby about going out in this too? Charlie is like a flash out and back in in 17 seconds.

Beckyb said...

So Sorry - I thought for sure you would still be able to go but this is sure a zinger!!!! Whew - glad we don't have to work tomorrow!!! We'll just read away - although I think you'll get more reading done than I!!!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you were going to add to your blog today. Another good one at that. Now where did you get that final inspiring comment? (I think I know.) For those that are too young, this blizzard still doesn't even come close to the blizzard of 1975, for that I am grateful!
ladyl