Saturday, May 12, 2007

Good ole summer time


Had A & W burger and rootbeer for supper tonight. I think my taste buds must be changing, or it's not the way I remembered things! The old A & W from my growing up years would have served the burger in a basket on a plastic tray hooked to your car window. The rootbeer would have come in a big frosty glass mug and would have tasted like... well, not like rootbeer out of a can anyway! For extra special treats we used to go to either A & W or the old Dog 'n Suds and picked up a whole gallon of rootbeer and some of their special ice cream to take home and make a 'black cow'. Ah. Those were delicious summer days ago. Tonight. It was mildly disappointing. The burgers came wrapped in a brown sack. The rootbeer was in a paper cup. The waitress handed them all to us through our car window, then used her calculator to figure the change. Well, I love the thought of it all anyway. The food did fill me up, but I guess I'll go somewhere else next time and make a new memory.

1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

I remember going to the drive in in town (where Subway is now) going up to the window on a warm summer night and getting an icecream cone.No car hops there.
It amazes me how kids now days do not know how to make change. When I was a kid>>>>>>>>>Oh wait I will not go there.