Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ticks and pictures too

This evening i found a tick crawling on my head. ARGH! That can make me freak out. He attached himself to me because I went hiking in an abandoned farmstead this afternoon! You can hardly blame him, I doubt if he sees too many like me out in his neck of the woods. They are creatures of opportunity. It was, for me, the most perfect place to run across for taking pictures. I had my camera. The sun was out. I had no time schedule to meet. I was driving home from my meeting and I could not resist capturing what I saw. There isn't as much of this anymore as there was in the 80's. Enough though to make this sad. Western Iowa:

3 comments:

Beckyb said...

Don't get any ideas - we're not stopping tomorrow - I don't want ticks!!! :)

Mr.Brian said...

Hey Sue,
If you stop and make Becky go on a nature walk in a wooded are with you I will personaly bake you a pan of my famous bars!!!LOLOLOLOL

Anonymous said...

It is sad to see these places go. Just think of all the work that went into putting that place up and keeping it up. Also makes me think of the verse, "unless the Lord builds the house, it laborers labor in vain..."