Wednesday, May 2, 2007

List of unimportants





I was thinking about things that other people often consider high on their list of 'must haves' or status symbols and started making a mental list of the things that really don't matter all that much to me anymore. Mind, I do have a list of things that ARE important to me, but I'll get to that later. But, if you're out there and are chasing after the status symbols of life, perhaps one day you too, will get to the point where things like that just aren't so important anymore. Here's my list:


10. Shoes (I've always had trouble saying the words "those are cute shoes")


9. make up (putting it on and wearing it everyday)


8. designer jeans


7. a new house


6. two cars


5. the "perfect" yard


4. friends with lots of connections or who can get me something (commonly referred to as the 'right' friends


3. working overtime for money


2. polished fingernails or toes (even when I'm wearing sandals)


1. gambling...or seeing Las Vegas...or trying out a riverboat...or playing blackjack..or playing the lottery just in case i should hit the big time that way!

1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

Goodness you sure have covered many of them for me minus the makeup and nail polish thet I have finaly weined myself from LOLOLOL.
Fancy cars,the nicest clothes, the biggest house.I do not think any of that matters to God.