Thursday, May 3, 2007

The most important "things"


Like I said yesterday, I have plenty of other things that i do consider important in my life. I dream about these; I worry about them; I manipulate and figure to get them right; I take time to do, to be, to have each one of these "things". My life isn't right unless these are 'right' too. I hope, however, that they don't interfere with the truest and most important thing in anyone's life especially mine: my spiritual walk and relationship with Christ.
Here's my important list:
1. Buster

2. Friends and what they think

4. Being able to take vacation or time off to camp

5. Having a house that looks neat and presentable to visitors (well fairly neat)

6. Having a job I enjoy to the max

7. Health insurance

8. Being able to get up early in the morning and exercise; walk, bike, canoe, swim--anything that happens outside!

9. Knowing and being known (that's a group of people who know me well and like me anyway)

10.Family-- that includes kids, grandkids, mom, brothers and sisters--their health, well being and safety!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your important list. Maybe lists like these could be called 'God's Blessings List." If I published a list, there would be several of your points on mine as well, which is not too surprising. My dog, Derby, probably wouldn't make the top 10 like your dog Buster did. Buster doesn't know how good he has it. Then again, maybe he does!
-ladyl

Beckyb said...

You do have some good ones on your list there but I hope it's ok if I consider something VERY important that you do not - I'm not kidding, if I didn't paint my toenails when I wear sandals - you'd probably be sick!! So toenail polish is important to me!!! :) Just had to share that, lest you think I'm focused on the unimportant!!

Mr.Brian said...

I noticed Buster was #1. I agree with many of those minus the camping.However since you have a camper and do not tent camp that may help.