Friday, September 14, 2007

Getting ready for another Season



The weather has been decidedly fall like the past few days. So, I've been looking around me at all the signs. It's time to pay attention! Time to put the storm windows back on. Get the tulip bulbs in the ground. Enjoy the last fleeting songs of the summer birds. Watch the morning Star (actually Venus and Saturn together brilliantly) There was a dash of frost on rooftops this morning, though we haven't acutally turned on our furnace. That will be only too soon. (remember my moaning about this expensive addition to our house that I will be only too glad to have in days to come.) Indian Summer days are coming. If we get some good cold weather the trees might actually be prettier so I guess I don't mind that at all! Above are some shots of late summer: Dahlias and crabapples.

1 comment:

Lady L said...

So the bright light is Venus & Saturn! Thanks for checking into it.