Monday, September 10, 2007

"old" Friends



I can't think of anything more fun than getting together with friends that you've known (and who know you), well, just forever! It's with these kind of friends that it seems like there are no months or years between the last time that you saw them. You can just pick up the threads of your conversation right from where you left off! You know them so well you can still 'get their goat' or serve them their favorite foods. It's being as comfortable as being at home. I have heard it said that in a lifetime most people only have one or two such friendships. I have been blessed to have had at least 4 or 5! The one thing I always hate about the get togethers with close friends is that the time flies so fast and suddenly it's leave taking time. Good byes are the worst and I hate them. I really look forward to the day when there are no more good-byes.

No comments: