Sunday, December 9, 2007

Being a Parent



Did I really parent 3 whole children? I seem to have memory loss about the stress, and the madness that being a parent entails. The patience. Did I really ever have any of that? I couldn't have. How did my kids grow up to be normal adults? (Or maybe they're not really) How is it that the craziness that's involved in keeping kids out of mischief, electrical sockets, falling down stairs, climbing on high unstable things, eating unhealthily, becoming polite was something that we actually were able to achieve? oh wait...maybe we didn't really. But what I see my adult kids doing now with my grandkids I am in total amazement of. They have so much patience, and seem to be so sane when the kids are running out of control. I don't think i could be as patient and calm and loving as they are. I am in awe that theY parent their children with so much affection. They are so good with them. I must say, I am so very pleased to hand control of said grandkids over to their incredible parents. Amazing job guys!

No comments: