Monday, February 4, 2008

Arm Exercises


I have told you all that I am usually an exercising freak! I can't go a day without doing some sort of exercise. Usually it's 45 minutes of walking. Sometimes I manage to make it to the wellness center to walk on the treadmills or use the eliptical machines. Then I get to listen to my IPod and that really makes me happy. (not quite as nice as actually talking to someone as I walk, though) Anyway, Friday I decided I had some time to go back to some weight lifting. After all, I have done that often as well. Though come to think of it, I haven't done my arm weights for more than two years. That's because of all the surgery I've had to correct what ever's going on in my left arm (carpal tunnel, spinal disc replacement, blah blah blah) I am, after all, completely mended from those surgeries. So I put the weights as low as they will go and proceed to do three sets of twelve reps. Didn't feel too bad at the time. May I tell you what you've already guessed about me. Not smart. No she isn't too smart at all. I have been in quite a bit of pain since then. In fact, I feel like I've been hit by the proverbial truck. Now I'm sure most of you weight lifter types out there think I'm just a whiner. after all, a bit of muscle pain isn't that unusual. but I have had trouble sleeping and I wake up frequently with lots of weird painful dreams. I'm back to pain pills, and favoring the other arm. I can even feel the dumb disc in my neck (really weird.) I just had to do this before i left on this trip. At least I know I won't be doing arm weights again for awhile. Back to just legs.

3 comments:

Lady L said...

What's with the puzzle on the right side of your blog?

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue! I'm so sorry! I hope that the pain pills help you sleep better and that in itself helps you heal up.

I just read your blog entry to Nate and he looked up the hymn we talked about last night in church about long bearing suffering:

And all ye men of tender heart,
Forgiving others, take your part,
O sing ye! Alleluia!
Ye who long pain and sorrow bear,
Praise God and on Him cast your care!

O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Mr.Brian said...

Sue, sham on you.I hope the pain goes away soon.
I better train Buster to keep a better eye on you.