Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Best Job in the World!

Today I got to enjoy the best part of my job--sitting and reading! Of course, I must read in order to know how to accurately catalog all these cool books! Every single one of them was a children's book, so I actually got through quite a few of them. This is as opposed to young adult or adult which are just too long to actually read through a whole book in one sitting (though many times I have been sorely tempted)I'll be working on those on Monday, so maybe I'll have more to share with you then! But, let me tell you about some of the cutest books I read today, then you can head right up to the library (or hey, Barnes and Nobles works, too. Just stand in a corner there and read them) and check out your own copy to read to your kids:





Martina the beautiful Cockroach, a Cuban folktale by Carman Agra.


Thelonious Monster's sky high Fly Pie by Judy Sierra

Cottonball Colin by Jeanne Willis


Wolf Wolf by John Rocco


If I were to summarize the four of these I would have to use the word "absolutely the funniest tales I've read in awhile!" (how's that for a 'word'?) Take my word for it, you won't be disappointed! In fact, you will appreciate them far more than your kids will. I'd venture to say they won't 'get it'. But you will! So really, you don't even have to check them out and bring them home. Just sit in a quiet corner and take a couple of minutes to read them. You'll be laughing all the way home!
I read more than 30 books today, and I could review them all, but these are the best of them! I tell you, "What a job"! I have got to write a book as clever as one of these someday. Oh wait. I have! I just need a publisher.

No comments: