Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bathroom Remodel Saga Continued



I think there must be something about the way I live that does this to me: invite a houseful of guest, or have a holiday coming up and it's time to load on the stress of a remodel project. I distinctly remember thinking: "We could paint this room in time for Easter". Then I got Ron involved. Suddenly it's way bigger than that. As you can see, we ripped out the cupboard (too big and space consuming) tore off all the wallpaper and put on a coat primer. Instead of staying home to finish painting, we went to Lowe's and got a new bathroom vanity and cupboard. It needs a new floor, too, but for the Love! We'd never get all that done! So for the moment I have to remember that it IS Sunday, a day of rest, and I shall not nag my husband about the actual painting. ARGH! I think it will still smell like fresh paint on Easter Sunday! Sorry about that guys. But at least the front room should be cleaned up.

I could make this post really a lot longer telling you story after story of how we started projects just before something was due, or company was coming, or....
like the time we were getting an exchange student to live with us for a whole year and Ron chose the night before we went to the airport to pick him up to tear off all the plaster in our living/dining room so we could sheet rock it-ceiling included. We were lucky we had most of the dust cleared out by the next afternoon anyway. Poor kid was game, I'll give him that. He helped put it all back up over the course of the next several months.
Anyway, you get the idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I could give you some good stories on that same subject as well. Huskerflyboy