Monday, March 3, 2008

New Year's Resolution: Gratitude




March is already here and I have been thinking about my New Year's Resolution, to spend a whole month growing in and being changed by one single concept. I would like to concentrate on Thankfulness/Gratitude: "I will praise the name of God with a song;I will magnify him with thanksgiving" (ps 69:30) "rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving" Col. 2:7

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.”

"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you."

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others" -cicero

No comments: