Saturday, April 12, 2008

Aprils gone by

I've kept a journal for many years. So in lots of ways, blogging is just another way of journalling for me. But I thought it might be fun to look back at this date in some of my past journals to see what I was doing. Here is a look at 1993. I was still teaching. It was a cold April, not unlike now. Easter was around the 12-19 of April that year. I complained about cold windy, snowy weather, and in addition I was in the middle of dealing with students. Here's an interesting journal entry:
"Stephen came up to me this morning and asked if he could go out and get into his bag. I don't know why that struck me a hilarious, but I was sent off into gales of laughter! I told him I'd love to see that, and asked if he thought he would fit. He just gave me a goofy grin and then tried asking again."
1993 was my last year of teaching. We moved from Aurelia that year to Monona. Ron accepted the job over there on April 7th. It was less than 4 months that we had been in our brand new house. April 15th new teaching contracts were distributed and it hit me hard that I would be resigining. Funny the places life takes us. Directions I would never have predicted. We moved in June. I started at the library in McGregor in August and haven't looked back. Getting to OC though, that's quite the tale!

1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

So did the young man fit into his bag??? Have to love the grammar we use.
Will you be telling of your journey to OC next and what "GREAT"
neighbors you have?