Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New graduate



4 Siblings: Joan, Charlie,Sue, Tom


I spent last weekend in Chicago (excuse me, Western Springs. A tiny town of only 12,000) to join in the celebration of my nephew's high school graduation. My last kid's high school graduation was about the time that he was 5 years old. Quite an age difference between the cousins, when there's only 5 years age difference between my sister and myself! (I was pretty young when I started having kids) It's hard to believe this kid is ready for college. I'm not sure that college is ready for him! I was extra glad to be able to make this trip. My sister's two kids are pretty cool kids, and so much fun to talk to! Abby starts high school in the fall. She is a marine biologist to be. I have no doubt that she will fulfill that dream! Adam, has been practicing on his 'don't talk to parental units they only embarass' for a few years now. He tends to answer in grunts. But you can get him going if you get him onto the right subject: i.e. woodworking, rocks, coin collecting, and work stories. Pretty funny! I think he'll move out of that before too much longer!
Anyway, just had to share my weekend.

No comments: