Thursday, January 11, 2007

Chocolate!


Our neighbor supplied Ron with some Chocolate chip cookies the other day. She was returning a favor. Why couldn't she have been like the neighbor who gave us a jar of pickled herring? I hate pickled herring. But who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies after all? That was a disaster for me! I love chocolate chip cookies. And I'm supposed to lose 10 lbs. Yikes! I ate 3 after work. Just like that and they were gone. So I went to the wellness center to exercise them away. And you know what? I only burned 85 calories. (that was a 30 minute workout on the elipitical machine going 3 miles!) I don't think that equals 3 chocolate chip cookies. This is harder than I thought.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ladyl said-

I'm all for chocolate.

"Researchers have some news for chocolate lovers: it may be good for you. Scientists reported preliminary evidence recently that cocoa and other chocolates may keep high blood pressure down, your blood flowing and your heart healthy." http://www.immunesupport.com/library

So, when we are weak and indulge in the delicious chocolate, we can think about the health benefits! (Yeah - I know that indulging too much can be detrimental to our health but being the optimist I'll go for the postiive side of the debate.)

Mr.Brian said...

Plus did you add the calories burnt chewing the cookies. And do not forget walking to the kitchen to get them.
See so I think you are OK!!

Beckyb said...

Chocolate is overrated!!! I know, strange but I have never cared for chocolate - now doughnuts - then I'm right there with you!!! And my great news - I need to exercise more - LOVELY - you know how I feel about that!

Anonymous said...

Don't give up now just because you ate a few cookies.