Monday, January 8, 2007

A little coloring helps the workload along


I was doing a pretty tedious job at work today (you really don't want to know, but it involved adding tag lines to MARC records one by one). I had quite a bit to do actually and part of it involved using a yellow highlighter to mark off paper records as I finished them on the computer. One of my co-worker's little girl happened to be there and as soon as she caught sight of the yellow marker she stopped her skipping. She was immediately intrigued. Yellow, it seems, is among her "favorite" colors as is using a marker! She was jealous that I was getting to use the yellow marker! Her enthusiasm and excitement over my yellow marker made me re-examine my monotonous job. It had more excitement than I thought after all! We all need a little bit of "yellow marker" in our lives. Keep looking at things in light of the "color" that's there that we don't see anymore. Marvel at it!

1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

It is always amazing how it takes a child to make us stop and realize how important or non important things can be.
Guess that is why God made kids!!!!