Saturday, March 31, 2007

choices


So. I have 4 books here at home that I'm working on- though I've discovered I can only really do 2 well. I just had to get the book "Wicked" to see what I missed because I only saw the show. I have to say I'm not going to get too far in this one and i'm really glad I didn't do my usual: read the book before seeing the movie, play whatever. I have not been very impressed so far, though I'm only on page 40. Yikes! I must say they didn't leave out anything too important in the play!! Then per recommendation I got Donald Miller's "Searching for God Knows What" to start. I am excited about that because his Blue Like Jazz was so wonderful. I have a feeling you'll be hearing more on that regard. Then I just have to continue and recommend you try Captivating by Jon and Stasi Eldridge. (even a guy would do well with this one) That was a powerful book for a woman's heart. They had words I needed to hear. It would make a good book discussion group. One more...I love my MP3 player! I am listening to Digging to America by Anne Tyler. Doing two things at once is my kinda thing to do!! (i.e. exercise, read) For anyone who has adopted or is planning to this is a wonderful story! So there you have my Saturday. Reading. It's a great way to spend a rainy day when the family is away!

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

I think it's a great way to spend the day - even when the fam's home!!! :) LOVED Digging to America - good read.