Monday, March 5, 2007

Overheard:







(At the library) My sperm count is low, but that isn't so bad. It's the sperm motility that's the problem. They're going to work on that. (I'm not kidding. I really did overhear this conversation of a young man on his cell phone)
(At a restaurant) Waitress to fellow employee in bathroom: "Hey, you have to wash your hands before you go back to work!" Other waitress: "I'm not going back to work. I'm going to eat lunch."

(At the library): How many games do you guys get to play on your computer? Could I work at the library? I'd like my own computer.'
My favorite research question during last weekend's blizzard: "Are you open?"


And on another Library related note:
Acceptable reasons for having an overdue book at the library:
blizzard conditions the day before
You lost the book on the way home from the library
You actually brought the book back; it's on the shelf, but someone ... hmmmm.. ??
didn't get it checked in!







4 comments:

Mr.Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr.Brian said...

Whoops I goofed the first time.
I hope you wished this man well with his problems.
I am always amazed with how people seem to think noone can hear them talking on their cell phones.
It started me with a laugh for the day.

Anonymous said...

we certainly have become an "enlightened" society haven't we??????

Beckyb said...

You are making me laugh - and yes, it's much better to not wash hands and go eat lunch than go back to work!!! :)