Sunday, March 4, 2007

Spring will be here soon!!




The traffic going by must have wondered at this woman and her dog staring with open mouthed wonder at the tree. Surely all the passers-by saw this flock of birds swarming and filling the tree and scarfing down the cherry like crab apples left from last fall! If you only caught a glimpse of them you might suspect they were hungry sparrows. Lots of people think any small brownish bird is a sparrow. "Cedar Wax Wings!" I told Buster. "Interesting" he told me. "Let's go." and he tugged at the leash. After all, he couldn't catch them, smell them, or, I suspect, even see them. And he was standing in a puddle. I wished for my camera and calculated how long it would take me to get home, and get back with the amount of sun that was left. I could hurry. So I agreed with Buster and left the wax wings temporarily. I have seen them regularly here-usually in the fall out at the hedge on the golf course where there are also bright red berries! Then, as now, they are on their way through. That's a great sign!! Almost as good a sign as seeing the first robin. So I was really excited when the dog and I got back from our walk. I grabbed my camera. Put on a long lense and headed BACK to the tree. The wonderful digital camera means I can snap away until I get a shot that I know I like. Be excited. Spring is close.

3 comments:

Beckyb said...

Oh MAN - is it that close??!?!? You know how I am about winter but I'll be a good sport - at least until SUMMER!!! Then I get a little grumpy!!!

Mr.Brian said...

Thanks for the neat picture.And I am glad to hear Buster was so willing to help to!!!!He is such a good dog,who also thinks he is people,just like my Charlie.

Anonymous said...

some more great pictures