Saturday, December 15, 2007

Haiti


I have a chance to take a trip to Haiti in February. Saying "take a trip" is sort of misnomer because it certainly wouldn't be a vacation. It would be a work trip, a 'how-can-I-help' trip, an experience to see the world that I never have from my isolated vantage. I have been having a struggle with this for lots of reasons-part of which involve having to give up some things in order to go. Part of which involve not being sure I really have anything to offer in the group that's going. I do know most of the people who would go. I also know the people who we would work with and are the mission group we would be heading toward. Hmm. I have sent my kids on countless trips like this. I have thought about doing this since the day I was married and lots of things have been in the way since that day. It's easier to let someone else do this, for sure. Anyway, tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke 18:29-30: "I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life." and Romans 8:31: What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Huskerflyboy

Sue said...

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this encouragement. Thanks for the WORD.